techietrek - the blog

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Turn off those negative waves!

Okay, okay so the weather still shows no signs of abating. I figure this is just a way of training for my walk to the South Pole (I can't stand the thought of walking on sea ice at the other end!).

Saturday 11th March
Did the same 11 miler walk from Waskerley Station. In 0.5 degrees this time. With bloody snow in my face for 3 1/2 hours. What a country. Can't wait to get to warmer climes (of which you'll find out more later dear readers!). To twist the knife still further, I ended up with my second 50 pence-sized blister on my right heel this week. My brand new snug walking boots have worn their lining away against my heel leaving a big hole which I have now 'repaired' with foam and gaffer tape until I get hold of something more permanent. That's what I'm here for though.

I am aware that if these minging conditions persist I will eventually start running out of time to start accumulating serious mileage before it gets too late. Never mind, we'll get there in the end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home