techietrek - the blog

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

A day off work - lovely sunshine..

...but still bleeding brass. At least it wasn't foggy this time. Today I followed the route of the Sustrans C2C Cyce Route to Consett which passes within half a mile of chez Dalkin. This was 6.14 miles, done in approx an hour and a half (annoying texts from my cousin Kev en route causing a dent in my time). This was just done at a brisk walk, no jogging this time. I think that at this stage I need to get lots of miles under my belt so my joints are used to it, before brushing up on the basic fitness nearer the time.

The C2C Cycle Route can been seen here of particular interest is a page dedicated to the modern art on this route

The shots below are the view near Pontop Pike across to Consett and some modern scuptures made from remnants of Consett Steelworks which closed in 1980.

Time for a hot bath - I wasn't warm enough today and certain parts have succumbed to shrinkage...ahem!




















iPod: The Invisible Invasion - Coral

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home