techietrek - the blog

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Stacks of stuff to report since last time!

Things are definitely starting to pick up now. Since my last post I have been on leave and I'm just catching up now. I have done 3 walkies (better not use that word, the dog's about) and runs:
  • I did the Cleveland Way track again on Sunday 5th, but without Julie to verify the improvement, which was notable because I'm (unfortunately) familiar with the track now.
  • After a fallow week of sloth, a 11 mile walk was completed (Sat. 11th) on the Sustrans C2C track from Waskerley Station at NZ050454 (I will use OS grid references if I'm in the middle of nowhere - simply input them into a mapping site like Streetmap which is in the links section.) Then you'll see that Waskerley IS in the middle of nowhere, on the tops of the North Pennines between Consett and Stanhope, not far from Derwent Reservoir and the A68. However when I walked home it was 2 degrees and snowing. It was a bit daft really as I was at first on my own (how gallant eh?) but then there was steady traffic of nutters on mountain bikes wearing nowt in the biting wind. The picture below shows another modern art sculpture just outside Consett. I will obtain more pictures of the stunning countryside around Waskerley when the weather conditions allow.
  • I did that 4.5 miler again with the dog last night - all at a jog this time. Even breaking into a gallop at times (downhill sections only)
Modern Art - I think...

As well as this, I also have a picture of the daft dog, Millie. She was dumped outside the University in October 2001 and adopted by yours truly. After months of running riot she calmed down and is a valuable and productive member of the Dalkin clan. As far as licking various parts of your body, shedding enough fur to make carpets with and bullying the postman makes you productive. I guess she's got the cushy end of the bargain here...

Daft Dog

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home