techietrek - the blog

Sunday, June 11, 2006

The final days before...

In the week before I started I did two final runs, on the Saturday I took my new rucksack to the picnic area 7 miles up the road to Rowley where I prepared a lunch of Mr Noodles' KIMCHI spicy soup. This was prepared on a wee gas stove I've been coveting for the past few years since I left the TA. This was a trial run for the second day - all the kit I'd need was with me and it wasn't too much of a burden at all. I ran most of the way back was was unexpected (and I tried out one of the painkillers I'd purloined from a colleague at work (you know who you are) which turned out to be absolutely splendid as I passed the 10 mile mark with no aches at all. Recovery time was also down - I was able to go out for a 6 miler the next morning with Millie (in torrential rain as it turned out) with no ill-effects.

Then, on the Tuesday I did a final 8 miler which was pretty boring and monotonous. I was wanting to get out there and get this thing over with. I was sick of training. Bring it on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home